MEMORIAL OF HOLY GUARDIAN ANGELS

             
   
                                 Memorial
Entrance antiphon
Angels of the Lord. bless the Lord, praise and bless him above all
Collect




O God, who in your unfathomable providence are pleased to send your holy Angels to guard us, hear our supplication as we cry you, that we may always be defended by their protection and rejoice eternally in their company. Through our Lord Jesus Christ you Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever. Amen.

First Reading.                             Exodus 23:20-23

 Behold, I will send my Angel, who will go before you, and preserve you on your journey, and lead you into the place that I have prepared.
 Heed him, and hear his voice, and do not hold him in disregard. For he will not release you when you have sinned, and my name is in him.
  But if you listen to his voice and do all that I say, I will be an enemy to your enemies, and I will afflict those who afflict you.
  And my Angel will go before you, and he will bring you to the Amorite, and the Hittite, and Ithe Perizzite, and the Canaanite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite, whom I will crush.
The word of the Lord.
RESPONSORIAL PSALM
For you has he commanded his angels,
to keep you in all your ways.
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most high
and abides in the shade of the Almighty
says to the Lord,”My refuge,
my stronghold, my God in whom I trust”. R.
He will free you from the snare of the fowler,
from the destructive plague;
he will conceal you with his pinions
and under his wing you will find refuge
his faithfulness is buckler and shield. R.
You will not fear the terror of the night,
Nor the arrows that flies by day
Nor the plague that prows in the darkness
Nor the scourge that lays waste at noon. R.
Upon you no evil shall fall,
No plague approach your tent.
For you he has commanded his angels
To keep you in all your ways. R
ALLELUIA
Alleluia. Bless the Lord, all you his hosts, his ministers that do
his will. Alleluia.
. A
luia.
Gospel.                   Matthew 18:1-5,10
 In that hour, the disciples drew near to Jesus, saying, "Whom do you consider to be greater in the kingdom of heaven?"  And Jesus, calling to himself a little child, placed him in their midst. And he said: "Amen I say to you, unless you change and become like little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.Therefore, whoever will have humbled himself like this little child, such a one is greater in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever shall accept one such little child in my name, accepts me.
The Gospel of the Lord.

Comments

Popular Posts